HAVING FUN TOGETHER
Knitalongs are great fun whether it's your own face-to-face group knitting the same project together or an online group of friends via the Forum.
Ideas for knitalongs
- Join a big charity knit-in.
Learn a new skill, such as lace or sock knitting, together – It's an excellent way to learn whilst at the same time forging new friendships. Use it to bounce ideas off and inspire each other and to share your knolwedge.
It's a great way of sharing the joys and frustrations of mastering a new technique!
- Knit squares for a group blanket.
- Knit squares or panels for a group wall-hanging or knitted 'quilt' to hang in your meeting place or a waiting room in your local hospital.
- Design and knit your own, unique group bunting.
- Design and knit a range of teacosies for use in your meeting place.
- Design items for a display area which can be used to advertise your meeting place. Lena, Cupar's group leader designed and knitted a wonderful knitted tea party which made it to the local newspaper.
- Knit a range of Christmas decorations to hang in your meeting place.
- Join in one of the Christmas box appeals.
- Develop a special relationship to a specific charity. Perhaps link up with one which sends knitted items abroad to children and ask for feedback to the group.